Monday, August 13, 2018

Welcome!

Ave, viator!

Welcome to my blog, Spice Up Your Latin! I am a high school Latin teacher and teach in a 100% Comprehensible Input (CI) program. This blog will cover any topic that feels relevant to my work, including, but not limited to, the following topics:

  • The teaching of Latin
  • The teaching of languages in general
  • Comprehensible Input (CI) teaching strategies
  • Teaching materials and activities
  • Reflections on my own teaching
  • Education in general
  • The field of the Classics
  • Anything related to the civilizations of pre-modern Europe and the Mediterranean
  • Teaching intercultural competence and cross-cultural communication
  • Byzantine architecture
  • International travel

Some posts may be of interest to you and others may not. I cannot promise that I will post on a regular basis, but my goal is at least one post per month. I look forward to your readership and feedback! 

Vale,
JF